Saturday, October 21, 2006

Before Johannesburg ...

I am leaving tonight for a week in Johannesburg, South Africa, where I will be attending the African Editors' Conference of the Upper Room Africa. I have no idea what email access will be like, so I am unsure how much I will be blogging over the next seven days. Also, my laptop is in its death throes. Perhaps Maman Leah will bless us with a post or two! But before I go, a few items of interest:

Thornburg Trip Wraps: John leaves for America just one hour before I fly out tonight from Yaounde. His trip was extremely productive -- we now have a good solid 90 songs and hymns chosen for the book.

Surreal Moment of the Week: On Friday morning, I had a meeting at the Central Prison, Yaounde with the leaders of the Protestant Community. Imagine my surprise when a prisoner approached John and I after the meeting and asked for a copy of Joel Osteen's "Your Best Life Now"!