Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Tangible Prayers

I haven't blogged in over a week, because I have been extremely busy and involved in some matters that I cannot blog about. It's been a difficult time, for sure, but I want to let all of you know that I can feel your prayers.

Prayer is a funny thing. When you're in the act of praying for something or someone, you can only use your imagination to picture the prayer coming true. It's an exercise of the mind and spirit, ethereal and abstract.

But over the last couple of weeks, I literally feel as if I am the recipient of prayer requests. There have been times when I didn't want to get up out of bed, or walk out the door to a specific appointment, and I could sense that something outside of myself was compelling me to go, to make decisions, to be present in difficult places.

Every time I needed a particular strength, it was there. Every time I needed encouragement, it was there. Every time I felt disappointment or betrayal, I was given an injection of hope and courage.

This is the long way to say ... prayer works. And I thank you for it.

Please continue to pray for these things as well:

... I am traveling to Stamford, CT for the Board of Directors meeting of GBGM. I am supposed to take three Cameroonians with me, but they are having problems getting visas to the US.

... After the meeting in Stamford, I will be visiting churches and friends in Michigan, to speak about the Mission. Please pray for a safe and productive trip!

... I am planning an important all-pastors conference in Kribi in November. Please pray for the funds to do this, and for a place to host it.

... We are awaiting word for the date of an Anglophone Sunday School training session in Makak, for Maman Leah's new cirriculum.

... A Yaounde prayer cell group led by Pastor Monique. They need a place to hold their meetings.

Thank you again!