Thursday, December 02, 2004

Readers Respond

It is so much fun to receive email messages from readers of this blog. Thank you for your interest in our lives … There are two responses from readers that I want to share with everyone. One is my good friend, Kris, whom Rachel and I met on our mission trip to Zimbabwe back in March. Kris wrote this:


“I was intrigued by the German guy who wondered why they needed more churches in Cameroon and what does the United Methodist church have to offer. I really felt myself pause over what we have to offer even in the US. But I think for me, it has to do with serving. We are called to serve and relieve suffering. Like the quote that is attributed to Wesley, "Do all the good you can, in as many ways as you can, to as many people as you can, as long as you can." … I think Jesus would frown on us if we said that we didn't need to do our share because the Baptists already have that covered or the Catholics have a foot hold there. If we are called and able bodied, we should follow God. Sometimes there is no explaining the reason of following God. We do it out of love and obedience. Besides, we are all part of the family (no matter the denomination). Or maybe I should say we are all part of the body of Christ and working together, we can accomplish much.”

Amen to that – thanks, Kris.

And then my friend, Mike, from Grand Prairie, read my blog about the lack of French-language materials. He got looking on the web and found two great websites, one which has Wesley sermons in French! If you care to check out his fine work, go to:

Nous vous renvoyons également à l'adresse suivante où vous trouverez rassemblées 53 prédications de John Wesley complétées d'une préface signée de sa main en 1747 placée en tête de ce recueil. Voir

http://123-bible.chez.tiscali.fr/Wesley/WesIndex.htm

And this one:

http://www.umc-europe.org/ueem/Doctrine/fondements%20doctrinaux/sermons.html

Thanks to you, Mike! Together, we might make this mission work …